Five Minute Beer Bread
No light, airy little breads for me. I like a heavy, dense loaf – still warm with butter. Plus, you make this in about 5 minutes – what could be better?
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar (I use two tablespoons of sugar)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer – preferably something with a little flavor – room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix flour and sugar and slowly add beer
- Mix all ingredients well, until smooth
- Place in greased loaf pan & place pan in center of oven and bake for about 50 minutes
- Remove from oven and take bread out of pan and allow to cool on a rack or stove grates
UPDATE!! I made this bread with 12 oz. of orange juice instead of beer–> It is even better.
UPDATE#2: I made the bread with pineapple concentrate and although good it was a little too dense. The next time I will cut the concentrate with water to thin it up some. –>Hawaiian bread.